People with COVID-19 are most likely to have a fever, and may have respiratory symptoms like a sore throat, fatigue, cough or shortness of breath. Not all people with the virus will have a fever.
We encourage all members of the Sunbury community to play their part to help reduce the spread of the virus, and to look out for each other in what can only be described as extraordinary times.
Questions or concerns about COVID-19?
Phone the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398.
This is a rapidly changing situation. Please go to www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus for regular updates.
Are Sunbury Community Health’s services impacted?
Sunbury Community Health is monitoring the situation closely, and has introduced a range of measures to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus both for staff and the wider community. These measures have included the postponing of non-essential groups and events to help prevent the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in the Sunbury community. We have also adopted a temporary screening procedure at the entrance of the centre.
All people entering the facility will be asked a series of questions prior to entering. If you do have any flu like symptoms, please avoid visiting the centre and contact your doctor or call 1800 675 398
PLEASE NOTE: Sunbury Community Health will be operating as normally as possible during this period and will continue to practice to the highest standards of hygiene safety. If our operating hours become impacted we will provide updates via email, through our website and Facebook.
SCH Impacted Programs and Services:
NDIS and Home Care Packages
- Home Care Package and NDIS Support coordinators are available by phone and continuing to offer their usual service to our clients.
- 1:1 Respite is still being offered to individuals to reduce carer stress and social isolation of our individual older clients.
Child Development Unit
- Music Therapy groups, Tuesdays: SUSPENDED
- Littlies Language Group, Friday 10am: SUSPENDED
- Run Club: Friday 10am: SUSPENDED
Health and Wellbeing
- All Groups have been suspended – both those operating external and internal to Sunbury Community Health.
- Individual centre-based services are now operating for urgent needs only eg Podiatry and Physiotherapy.
- All other allied health services are available via telehealth in place of direct service provision – Occupational therapy , Dietetics , Exercise Physiology, Cardiac Rehab , Diabetes education and Podiatry where people have been referred but needs are not urgent.
- Clinicians are continuing to check in with their regular clients to maintain a health coaching service and to optimise social connections and welfare checks.
- Men’s Shed: SUSPENDED
- Sons of the West: Postponed at least 12 weeks
- Twilight Movie on the Green: POSTPONED
- BoilOver: SUSPENDED
Fro a full list of community events and programs that have been either cancelled or postponed, please visit the Hume website.
The Dental Unit is keeping it’s doors open to help with dental emergencies.
From Monday the 30th of March, all elective treatment, for dental issues not causing pain, will be suspended. If you have a concern which is not indicated for an emergency visit, a telephone consultation may be offered, with one of our dental professionals.
We aim to help our community as much as is safely possible, to get people out of pain and through this pandemic. We are following the current recommendations of Dental Health Services Victoria and maintaining excellent infection control standards. We are taking additional measures to reduce the risks of coming in for treatment, for both patients and staff. This means that some types of treatment are impacted, and no longer available. After your assessment the dental professional can advise you on which treatments are available.
Please Note: If you are unwell, you cannot be seen for any dental treatment. If you do have a dental emergency and are unwell, you will need to be seen at a public hospital.
Programming at Sunbury Leisure Centre
All programs run by Sunbury Community Health in partnership with Sunbury Aquatic and Leisure Centre have now been cancelled until further notice.
If you have an upcoming appointment, please call 9744 4455 to ensure we are able to see you or if you would prefer to reschedule, we can arrange a new appointment time and day.
If you have any questions or concerns regrading an appointment, program or service you are involved with, please contact us on 9744 4455.
Events and programming within Sunbury
In the coming weeks we may experience the cancellation of programs and events in and around Sunbury. Hume City Council do have a thorough list of impacted public events and programming available at Hume City Council website.
Public Health Messaging
For more information around Government messaging, please see the resources below.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) isolation guidance
What is Coronavirus? (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria)
COVID 19 Frequently Asked Questions (Australian Government Department of Health)
Protect yourself and your family: Wash your hands regularly (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria)
Protect yourself and your family: Cover your cough and sneeze (Department of Health and Human Services Victoria)